Yesterday was a normal day. I made dinner just in time for Jordan to get home, got the girls up to the table... tray, bibs, cups, plates, handfuls of napkins for messes... anyway, we started our normal dinner routine. Norah is almost always a great eater, and Naivie is almost always a picky and slow eater, which is just how I always expect it to be, and exactly how it was yesterday.
We had all finished our exquisite gourmet meal of shepard's pie and green salad... except Naivie, of course. After about a half hour of prodding and nagging at her to keep chewing and finish her food, I was about to turn to her for the last time and yell at her and send her to her room... but I stopped when she began to sing softly (with food in her mouth) "I am a child of God", to which she knows all the words.
My shoulders fell and I looked down. Agh, foiled! She had effectively deflected a lecture and a punishment! How am I supposed to be mad at a little girl singing "I am a child of God"? Jordan and I just laughed and shook our heads.
On another note: Naivie is also exhibiting signs of being like her daddy was when he was little. The other day I gave the girls some raisins for a snack. Naivie wouldn't eat them until she had counted them several times and lined them in a straight line:
What a cutie!
4 comments:
Oh how cute!
It's fun to see pics! I wish your girls were here to show Ben how to be a good eater! Any suggestions?
We sure miss you guys!! Ben likes to sing the "We love Naivie" and "We love Norah" and "We love Jaicee" and "We love Gorgan" songs!! It's fun!
What a cute little girl! She already looks like she's grown up so much! Miss you guys- hope life is treating you well. :)
too funny!!
We also have a "liner-upper" in our family. Michael lines everything up nice and straight. It's how he plays. He gets all of his trucks out and parks them in a nice line and then they all move in a very orderly manner to a new parking spot where they once again line up. He might just have a little bit of his mother in him. Ha Ha Ha
Post a Comment