Monday, June 7, 2010

Almost Heaven...

Posted by Jordan

I love Cache Valley.  If an angel appeared to me and told me that Heaven would be just like my walk through Richmond, UT with my family on Saturday afternoon, I would not be disappointed. The day was so perfect that my spirit nearly lifted right out of my body.

There are so many reasons why I love small town life and culture that it would take me days to write them all. And though we probably won't end up building a permanent home in Richmond itself, I submit that this little town is as close to the archetypal Mayberry as any in the United States, with the added benefit of being in the most beautiful mountain valley I have ever seen.  I love it here.  My soul is at peace here.  My kids love it here.  My wife is happy here.

There are equally as many reasons that my family and I do not belong in a big city, or in the covenant-controlled suburbs thereof.  Though it would only take me half as long to spew those reasons out at you, there's nothing worth hearing.  Especially since I know and love people who call those cities home, and they have as many reasons for loving their home town as I have for loving mine. And that's great.

More to say... but enough for today.  Here are some pictures of my family:

5 comments:

Dani said...

You have an adorable family and I would agree whole heartedly with your sentiments! :)

Amanda said...

I lived there (well...just a few steps north) for 18 years and have every intention of going back. Love it!

Tyler said...

Richmond's not too shabby, but you should really try spending a day in Lewiston. Now that is heaven! Be sure to hit the historic theater for a movie on a Friday, Saturday, or Monday night!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Beautiful family, beautiful pictures. I LOVE small towns too. Every time we drive through one I start working on convincing Kenny to let me live there.

Emily Berkley said...

Amen!! Beautiful place, family, life! Couldn't agree more!