Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Norah Jane

Posted by Jaicee

As the middle child, she definitely gets the attention she wants and keeps us constantly amused by doing and saying all sorts of hilarious things.  Always a rough-and-tumble, active girl, she's my little boy.  If Norah is around, you can see that her brain is quickly working, thinking of what to do next... what to climb on, what to jump off of, what to take apart, what to stick her hands in, where the dirt is, what to stick in her purse and carry around... always on the move!  And if she's not around, you can be sure that she's climbed to the highest point possible and is sitting there waiting for someone to notice.


 


  

This is classic Norah: messy hair and messy shirt, with a big smile on her face.

 





But at the same time, she's as girl as it gets.  Always wants to wear a skirt, a crown, a purse, a tutu, mom's blush, and mom's heels... at the same time.  She knows she is a princess. She also likes to be the "mom" to her assortment of Little People and other small figurines.  She carries them around with her all the time so she can set them up around the house and talk to them.  And although she's rough-and-tumble, you can expect to hear her crying and pouting when she gets hurt-- which is most of the time.  Recently, Jordan and I were looking through some pictures of Norah, and I am so grateful for all of them because they remind me of how funny she is!





A few years ago my mom bought the girls this super cute book.  Whenever I read it I think of Norah.


And as for the things she says... she makes up her own words.  I'm sure that she usually knows the correct words, but she likes to makes up new ones for attention.

"You're so ridicted."
"It's competated."
"I stepped on pinenoodles!"
"I did that lasterday."
"I'm eating my benchtables!"

 "I don't want bunstard on my hot dog."


3 comments:

Emily Berkley said...

Oh my goodness that girl is super funny! She is just like Sam! I love hearing that there are children just like mine out there. Norah is just a sweet peach and we love her.

Laura said...

I miss NORAH and NAVIE!! I love the pictures! Congrats on the new little one on the way! Miss you guys! ~Laura

Dani said...

I've finally come through and updated myself on your family! Don't know what happened that I missed so many posts from you guys...maybe a baby? :) Congrats on number 4! And a boy! Whooohoo! Maybe there's hope for our 4th to be a girl afterall... whenever that time happens. Anyway - love your posts! Reading them make me miss you guys.