Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our Happy Halloween

Posted By Jaicee

Halloween came quickly this year, leaving us all wondering what to dress up as. Jordan and I were unsure that we would even find costumes this year, mainly because Jordan thought he would have to work Halloween night (luckily that turned out not to be true). Even though, he still got home right as trick-or-treaters began coming to our door, and didn't have time to dress up. But he did get some really good pictures for us! I dressed up though... I dug through my closet and found my old pair of scrubs and decided I could pull off a "Dr. Fritz" (my amazing version of a crazy doctor). However, I elect not to post my close-up portrait. But here are some super cute pictures of the girls:

Norah is SO close to crawling!!!


Naivie has shown an affinity for running around the house with blankets on her head. She also was really excited to learn the Halloween words like ghost, pumpkin, scarecrow, bat, leaf, witch, moon, and scary. She learned that ghosts say "boo!" and loved to try and "scare" us by saying it repeatedly. So we thought she'd have fun being a ghost... and she was a cute one!

Every time trick-or-treaters came to the door, she saw us giving them candy and would dig her little finger into her cheek (the sign we taught her for treat) and ask us for some, too. How could you say no to this? Needless to say, she got a lot of candy to eat (we convinced her that raisins are candy, and slipped a lot of those in there, too. Thanks Grandma Merrie).

"BOO!"

All ready for trick-or-treaters!


We carved more pumpkins this year than we have before. We created our own little pumpkin walk. We love pumpkins! Jordan got really into the pumpkin carving thing last year and was disappointed that he didn't have more time to "sculpt" his pumpkins this year. But they still turned out fun!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE the costumes! I am still figuring out this blog stuff too...I get my backgrounds from: thecutestblogontheblock.com They are easy and FREE!

Kati said...

I love the costumes!! Especially the Love bug. What a fun Halloween. We need to get together sometime. I am so glad you guys are having a great time. :)