Thursday, November 13, 2008

We've Achieved Mobility!

Posted by Jaicee


Norah started started to crawl about two weeks ago (YEA!) but I haven't been able to get a good video of her... until now! I'm just so excited for her to move around by herself because every step toward independence means less whining (until she turns two, anyway :).



Also, I would love for anyone reading this to tell me if they have faced a similar problem: Jordan and I always call each other "mommy" and "daddy" if we are talking to the girls. We've never felt natural calling each other that when we're just talking to each other, and now Naivie calls me by my first name about half of the time. She knows I'm "mommy" but calls me "Jaicee" sometimes. So for the past couple of days we've been trying extra hard to never say our first names, but it's just not something that is coming naturally to us! We welcome any suggestions!
.

4 comments:

Levi and Cassie Mallory Family said...

Michael has also started doing this recently, so I will share a few things that we have been doing. When he first says my name instead of "mommy" I say "My names not Cassie; it's Mommy." Then I ignore whatever he's telling me (within reason) until he calls me mommy. It is seeming to be fairly effective. One comforting thing is that I think most kids go through this phase and it doesn't seem to last that long.

Amanda said...

I think it's just a stage...Kaymee did that with Nathan so I just made sure I called him Dad around her...she sometimes will still say Nathan, but we just corrected her when she called him Nathan and she doesn't do it very often anymore...only when he is ignoring her and she REALLY wants his attention! LOL.

Amanda said...

I am sure it is just a phase and I wouldn't stress too much over it. When she calls you Jaicee I would just say something like.."How about you call me mommy." and then wait until she does to answer her or do what she needs you to do. It might help!

glad you found our blog! I love to find old friends. Its a great way to keep in touch. And yes..I agree....we really should get together sometime!!

Kati said...

Abbi used to call me Kati all the time. Until finally I told Kurt not to call me that anymore. We are strictly mommy and daddy until Abbi is in bed. Just recently Abbi has started calling daddy Kurt. It is so funny and I laugh so hard so that it probably encourages it. We are working on that one. The funny thing is the only time I refer to Kurt by the first name is when I am talking to my friends or other adults. I think it is something they have to do.