Thursday, May 7, 2009

Will I EVER get my strawberries?!

Posted by Jordan

Last year, I fell to my knees in the grass and wept openly toward heaven because some vile animal ate all my little strawberries right off the stems just days before I was planning to pick them. This year, they didn't even make it that far:

Naivie came in from the back yard about an hour ago with her little fist clenched full of pretty flowers to show mommy... all smashed up in her sweaty little palm...

Strawberry blossoms.

[multiple expletives]!!!!!!

Someday, little strawberries. Someday... *sniff*


...On a happier note, HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY SWEETHEART! It's 6:00... time for me to take you out to dinner!

3 comments:

Kristen Weller said...

Steve's brother had a peach tree, and after much loving care, one little peach finally grew on that tree. Steve's brother loved that peach. He watered the tree and made sure the peach was comfortable, all the while waiting for it to reach the peak of ripeness. Then one day his daughter came in with a half eaten peach in her hand, dripping with peach juice and guts. *sigh* Such is life.

Dani said...

Awe dang! Sorry about that! Maybe they'll try more blossoms again and you'll get one...at least one...I'll pray for you. :) lol I was going to also ask about the vacation!!! How'd that go? Hope it was fun!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Oh, sorry about the strawberreis. I've never had luck growing strawberries, for one reason or another. Happy Anniversary you guys! You two are so cute, and obviously meant to be. Wish you had gotten a job a little closer to us, but we're glad you found a job! Congratulations on five years. That's awesome.