Holy smokes, talk about a lifestyle change... Looks like we're moving to Denver!
We'll probably be there for the next two years or so. Three weeks ago I started training for my new job with the Sherwin Williams Company. I'll be moving to a management position with them in Denver, Colorado, the "Mile High City" in June.
For the past three weeks, (and continuing until we move) I'm learning the company from the ground up. I've been behind the counter in the store here in Logan, learning about retail store operations and management, market segments, company policy and procedure... and of course, paint. Paint, paint, paint, paint, paint!!! There is an unbelievable amount to know. I've got this insane six-week Management Training crash course that is supposed to get me ready for my position... and it is definitely a mental workout. (It's also not a bad physical workout... I've gotten to heft a lot of five-gallon buckets of paint lately.) I'll be flying to Dallas, TX in July for a week of advanced training and who knows what else.But I won't be flying from Logan. Nor will I be flying back. We'll be in Denver by then. DENVER!!!
If perhaps I sound reluctant, it's because I'm really have mixed feelings over this. (As does Jaicee.)
More than anything, I am grateful to be employed in this down economy. Heaven knows I prayed and fasted for this for the past eight months, and I believe that the only reason I HAVE the job right now is because the Lord had mercy on my poor wife and children. This company is paying me well, I have good benefits, and I think that this is going to be an extraordinary learning experience for me. It's going to be a challenge, I'm going to grow my business skills, and If I play my cards right, and God willing, I may even be able to work my way back to Utah.
...I hope. Because on the other side of the coin, it's sad to leave. I love Utah. Our families are here! And I have really loved our little home for the past couple of years, surrounded by all the wide-open spaces, corn fields and hay, and the Wellsvilles looking down on us...
It's going to be a different scene in Denver, to be sure.

And Naivie and Norah definitely will not be seeing as much of Grandma and Grandpa Ross...
(Deep breath and a long exhale)... But we are moving forward in life! Hopefully we'll be able to find an affordable place to rent over there so that we can get our debts paid as quickly as possible and start saving for a home.
If moving to Denver is going to help us toward that goal, then I am for it. In fact, when I think of what a blessing it is to have a good job in an unstable time, and to be able to keep hoping for a bright future for my family, then I am excited for the adventure.
Three years from now, when I'm back in Utah (Because one way or another, I am coming back), I'll be glad for this decision. It will be worth a temporary sacrifice.
So, wish us luck! We're headed to the other side of the Rockies for a while! To our friends and family, WE WILL MISS YOU!!! A LOT!!!
Stay tuned for updates...
7 comments:
I'm excited for you but we'll definitely miss you around here! Good luck with it all! I'm sure you'll have a great experience there - God always has things in store for us that we may never even think to comprehend. :)
AHH!! I will miss you guys sooo much!!! But Denver is a great place to live. I spent 10 1/2 years of my life there and I loved every minute of it! Explore the mountains because like in Utah, they are right next door. Utah won't be the same without you guys!
Hey Knutsons- I have an aunt who lives in Denver- or at least really close by. I can have her keep her eyes/ears open for places to live, etc. Let me know!
Wow, Denver huh? From one freakishly cold place to another, I guess! I would say we'll miss you guys too, but we don't really see you that often anyway. Good thing for blogs, they help us keep in touch! Good luck, and congratulations!
Jaicee and Jordan! How exciting for you! You will be missed, but remember that you have eachother. Good job putting your family first even if it means you have to go far away. In that way, you won't get too homesick, 'cause your always at home when you are with your spouse and children. Love to you!
How exciting is that! I've been to Denver before, and it is a gorgeous city. We are actually going there for a vacation in a little over a week. Good luck!
So what you're saying is that my complaint about moving over the mountain is quite unwarranted!! I can't believe you guys are going to Denver. I would be so scared, but I know you guys will be blessed. It is really such a blessing to have been hired right now! Good luck and let us know if you need anything. How soon are you moving?
PS. We will hopefully be in need of paint soon. Maybe your sudden knowledge will come in handy for us.
Post a Comment