Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Later, Logan!

Posted by Jordan

Shoot.

I guess we're outta here.

I start in Denver on Monday (June 8th), so we're driving down this weekend. It's been pretty emotional to embrace the idea that we won't be living in Cache Valley next week. Denver and its sprawling suburbia are pretty big stuff for us little folk! We're going to sorely miss our quiet street and our home out on the edge of the fields. We have had quite the view from our front lawn looking West:

And South:


And East, being able to see the Temple up on the hill across the valley. Despite the cursings you may hear issuing forth from my chattering teeth in the winter, I love this valley. I love it here.

...And of course this is all not to mention the friends and family we have here!!

Oh well. Drink water and drive on, as Trevor would say. Like I mentioned in the last post I wrote, I am grateful more than anything just to have a good job in these times. I really am. Also, we'll have a temple nearby in Denver; It's only about four blocks from my new job. So, we're definitely excited about that.

I'm actually working in the Centennial (Littleton) area around the southern beltway, which I hear is a nice place (for suburbia). The problem with working in a nice part of town is that I don't think I'll be able to afford to actually live there on my current salary. We're praying that the Lord will help us find somewhere affordable that fits our needs. I'm sure he will.

In the meantime, we'll be staying in a hotel close to my work, which should be fun for a few weeks. Seriously, who doesn't like staying in a hotel? I think the girls will have fun swimming in the pool while I'm at work. Woohoo!!

Well, I'd better get this computer taken apart so that I can pack it up.

4 comments:

Rebecca Sagoe said...

I've neglected emailing you back Jaicee. Sorry!!! So the area to stay away from in Denver is over by the old stapleton airport. It's 100% white trash and gang filled. Littleton is an awesome area to live in and it's so beautiful with the temple right there. Cherry hills is good and so is Aurora. But I'm biased to Aurora since I lived there. Also Cherry hills, I believe, is on the way to Littleton. They have a mall there, the Aurora Mall, and the 16th street Mall. There is tons to do and the mountains are goregous to look at and visit. They're really close by just like the ones in Cache Valley. I'm so sad that you won't be there when I come to Logan in a week! Keep me updated on how much you're going to LOVE Colorado!

Dani said...

Wow! Too crazy how time flies- THIS WEEKEND you're leaving! Sigh... we'll miss you tons! Glad I have this blog- we'll need to keep in touch.

Ben said...

Good luck, buddy. We'll miss you here on this side of the Rockies. Come back soon!

Kel said...

Jordan! I haven't heard from you since I got your wedding announcement 5 years ago! Your family is adorable. Moving away isn't all bad - it is always fun to try something new. It is good to catch up on what you have been doing.

Kelly (Jensen) - SUU