Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Frustrations of a Cooped-Up Mom

I think the instability and unfamiliarity of our situation is getting to Naivie. We had her totally potty-trained... but the past couple days she has suddenly regressed and is not telling me anymore when she has to use the potty. She was getting so good at it and even went a couple weeks without a single accident and we were so proud! Aargh!

I know that the worst thing I can do right now is get upset when she pees on the carpet or messes her pants (at least it's hotel carpet and not mine, right?). I know I need to stay cool and make sure she doesn't become scared of the potty or start associating pee and poop with getting in trouble... but it's so hard not to get frustrated!

Norah is also becoming difficult to deal with. She has developed quite an attitude lately and a bad habit of screaming when Naivie or I do something she doesn't like. I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard.

And it's not necessarily that I get frustrated with them, I get frustrated that we are just victims of circumstance, and since we are in a hotel in an industrial part of the city, we can't really get outside and play, unless we want to go for a walk down the interstate. I really am excited to get into our apartment so we can start once again establishing a home, and get them back into their own beds, and bring out all their familiar toys and books. I think that will help them. I'm sorry if I'm not sounding really chipper... I'm just really homesick!

2 comments:

Zilles Fam said...

Oh wow!!!! I haven't checked this forever! I get so caught up in life that I don't check blogs .... but, I can't believe you're in Denver!!! We're in Greeley ... about an hour and 15 minutes north of you guys! If you guys are in a hotel room still and need a break ... DRIVE UP HERE!! We're usually home all day and we could play with toys and slide outside and eat snacks ... and TAylor (3) loves friends ... adn then we also have a 16-month-old....!!! Anyway, let me know if you want to come up here and I could give you directions. My email is zilles1202@yahoo.com

Dani said...

Awe dang- I hope things have gotten better for you! I'm so glad to see this comment! Someone you know to keep you company! YAY!