Toddlers are always full of crazy linguistic anomalies, and we have certainly had our share of laughs at the things our girls have come up with. When Naivie was younger, the funniest thing she said was "cupe" rather than "cute"; "Kitty is so cupe!", "Mommy, I'm so cupe!" We had some good laughs! And just recently she figured out how to correctly pronounce her 'r's. She used to say 'ca-ee' instead of 'car' and 'doo-ee' instead of 'door'. We were very happy when she got it right! Now she doesn't have to go to speech therapy in kindergarten like her mother did.
The latest anomaly, though, comes from Norah. In her attempt to figure out the English language, she is still too young to understand tenses. Past, present, future... it's all the same! So lately, the answer to nearly every question directed at her is "Yeah I did."
Daddy: "Norah, are you done eating?"
Norah: "Yeah I did."
Mommy: "Are you full, Norah?"
Norah: "Yeah I did."
Mommy: "Do you have an owie?"
Norah: "Yeah I did."
Daddy: "Do you need a drink?"
Norah: "Yeah I did."
Mommy: "Are you ready to go to bed?"
Norah: "Yeah I did."
Daddy: "Norah, you want a treat?"
Norah: "Yeah I did!"
Everytime she says that, Jordan and I just have to laugh. It's so cupe!
3 comments:
ohmagosh!!! she is just so freakin cupe! so is naivie. i remember one night when we gave her ice cream. by the time she finished it, she would say, "mo-ee? mo-ee?" Aaack! how i miss you guys ever so!
adorable kids!
and i just noticed the new widget- or jimmy did while i was reading the post, i don't know if i would have noticed it otherwise
congrats on expecting!!! :)
We Love you guys and miss you soooo much. I wish I could hear your girls talk and laugh along with you. Max has some pretty funny language too. They are so fun at this age. Just so you know we got a blog! Finally! It's theberkleygiggle.blogspot.com
Post a Comment