Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas Pics!

Posted by Jaicee

I know it's late, but here are finally some Christmas pictures. We had a wonderful Christmas! We received so much love and so many blessings from our ward--which made it easier to be away from home during the holidays--and this year my family gave us a webcam for Christmas so we could talk to them! Yea! It was so fun to see family! We had a great time this year despite being so far away from family.

So here's our lovely home from the outside. That's us on the top floor :)


And inside... what would we do without Christmas lights? Jordan did a great job with the lights under the couch! He always amazes me with his creative ability. He makes the holidays so much fun! What would I do without him? If we had more lights and time, every corner of the house would be lined with Christmas lights. I can't wait until we own a house to decorate, it will be nuts!


Oh, so warm and happy!



Hanging up the stockings! Naivie had so much fun helping daddy put them up high!


Norah didn't. Having a scared Norah on your head isn't much different than having a scared cat on your head... scrambling, clawing... Good thing I was there to get a picture!


"All the stockings were hung..." This is my project for next year: Making new stockings for everyone so that the girls don't have to use daddy's old ones. And those ones in the middle are ones I made while Jordan and I were engaged 6 years ago. They're outdated now, we need some that say "Mommy" and "Daddy", and these will go in my cedar chest.


Christmas morning! I love the excitement on Norah's face even though she has no idea why she's so excited! Naivie was excited too, but hesitant... Not really sure what was about to happen.



Candy cane break...


Tutus from Grandma Merrie!


Super cute outfits from Grandma Ross!



Boxes!


Bubble wrap! (Don't ask me what she was trying to do...)


And now for the Roast Beast! Thanks to Great-Grandma Knutson's recipe, this turned out to be an amazing turkey! I know it doesn't look the greatest, but the outside is all seared so that the juices stay inside-- and it was delicious! Not bad for our first turkey ever!


"And the Grinch himself carved the Roast Beast..." This was our first experience making an entire Christmas dinner by ourselves. I'm so used to bringing a side dish or a dessert to a family meal, and having everything else taken care of. I was not very good at making sure everything was done at the same time, and it was a little stressful! We've never had more than two side dishes with a meal before, and it was a challenge. (Good thing it was only our little family, it was a good practice run :)


That night, the girls danced and danced to The Nutcracker. Here's a video of our little sugar plum fairies dancing around in their new tutus: (they're natural ballerinas, we know!)



I can't believe next year we're going to have three little munchkins running around at Christmastime! Every year it just gets funner and funner! It's so great to have a growing family and watch your kids discover Christmas!

5 comments:

Sarah Knutson said...

your kids are just too dosh garn funny! I love their dancing skills :) We missed you guys over Christmas, but so glad you still had a good one!

We Krazy Knuts said...

Oh fun Christmas!! You guys are so fun! We missed you too, but will see you in just a couple months!!!
And it's good to see that you finally got rid of your topless Christmas tree (or at least that's what it looks like.)

Emily Berkley said...

ohhhhhh what fun!!! You make want a girl that can dress up in a tutu. Your home looked awesome too. We will be getting a web cam soon to talk to Steve's parents, It is great what technology can do so we can comunicate with loved ones! You guys are great and Max still talks about Naivie and gets exicited to see pictures!

Dani said...

what adorable little dancers! so happy to see you had a great christmas together even being so far away from the rest of your family - very impressive dinner and decorations too!

London'sBridge said...

I just LOVE reading your blog, Jaicee! You always have the cutest pictures, too! You're girls are beautiful- and so will be the next one! :)