Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Preg Prog... Or The Lack Thereof

Posted by Jaicee

At this point in pregnancy, I always have this daydream of going in for my next prenatal, being examined by my OB, and hearing her say,

"Oh my goodness!  Why aren't you in labor?  You're dilated to a seven and totally effaced!  You're not going home!  Let's get you up to labor and delivery and get this baby out!"

 

That's my dream.  And it doesn't come true, ever.  And yesterday at my appointment it still didn't come true.  It was difficult not to feel exasperated as I walked back out to my car yesterday with her voice in my head: "two centimeters and only slightly effaced."  Ugh.  

However, I did recieve some good news:  For a long time now I've been confused about my due date and thought it was the 18th, but my doctor confirmed to me that it is officially the 15th.  YAY!  I realize that doesn't actually mean anything... but it makes me feel better anyway!  Any couple of days we can shave off is good, right?

Last night at about 8:30, during Family Home Evening, I began to notice that I was having more frequent than normal contractions.  So I quietly began to time them while also trying to be any use to Jordan, who was teaching the girls about prophets, and then getting treats, and then getting the girls ready for bed...  After about an hour and a half of timing them, I finally told Jordan that I was having contractions 10 to 15 minutes apart for the past hour and a half... but not to get our hopes up yet!

HA!  If you know Jordan... well, it would have been easier for me to stay calm and unexcited if I had just kept it to myself.  Next time I will!  It's difficult to stay unexcited when Jordan is excited!  But we still tried not to get our hopes up, knowing that it wasn't real labor.  I waited and waited for them to get any stronger or closer together, but nothing changed.  Finally when we got into bed at 11:00 or so, we just prayed that the baby would come sooner than later, and went to sleep hoping to not be asleep for too long!  Alas!  Here I am, the next day.  No baby yet.


But on a happy note, despite all of the chaos going on in our lives right now, our cramped apartment, and half-packed house, we finally have an actual place for the baby to sleep when she does come!  This is probably only exciting to me.  I found a super cute Moses basket online at WalMart for only $30.  And I discovered for the first time their Site-To-Store option (I'm probably the last one in the world to discover this...), that allows you to buy items that are available only online, but not have to pay shipping!  Hooray!  I love that!


Anyway, I figured it would be perfect for us because of our lack of room, and because we will need to be mobile for the next few months.  Despite my feeling unprepared for every other change that's happening in the next few weeks,  I'm just grateful that now I can at least feel ready for the baby when she arrives!

6 comments:

We Krazy Knuts said...

I know how you feel, well, at least the wishing the doctor would say you're ready to have the baby right now. But your pregnant pic is so cute!!
And we'll help you all you need once you get up here. I wish there was more I could do now.
Good luck!
And yay for earlier due date!!!

Rebecca Sagoe said...

I will pray for her to come Jaicee. But you look very cute in your picture! Love ya guys!!!

Dani said...

What an adorable basket bed! I actually had one of those for my first baby because our lack of space in our first apartment in Logan. If I was nearby I could have given it to you! But - this one looks cuter and nicer anyway. Mine's colored and doesn't come with that adorable bedding like that - just a little mattress that I had to pamper up myself with blankets. I really did love it! It's pretty convenient to have. Hope the baby comes soon for your sake! I'm excited to see! Yay!

Emily Berkley said...

Ohhhh, how I feel you pain!!!! Same thing happened to me over and over again!! False labor shouldn't even exsist, it just brings heart ache and tears. And I would be exstatic if my due date moved up two days...YES! I hope everything goes good and I will secretly pray that your baby comes sooner then later and is supper healthy and will sleep great....love you guys!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Oooh, good luck! I hope she comes soon! So...are you guys moving??

Tara Stander said...

Jaicee,

Your dream is exactly to a T what happened to me when I had my son! I went in three weeks before my due date for a regular checkup. I was in no pain but the doctor said I was at a seven and that I couldn't go home. I had to walk across the parking lot and have the baby!!! Anyway, I am totally enjoying any of your family that I meet. You are all wonderful people. I teach the Norman family lessons and I have Landon in band. He may say that I am an evil band teacher, which to an extent is true, but you all have talent and are SO likeable! Just so you know!

Tara Parsons Stander