Thursday, April 8, 2010

Update!! Closer than I thought!!

Posted by Jordan

SO... In my post this morning about the 7-lb. Breakfast Burrito, I mentioned that I finished half.  It was exactly half, because I cut exactly in half before I began eating, so that I would have a frame of reference for my progress, a "mile marker" if you will.

When I finally gave up at the half way point, the waitress slid the rest into a foil pan and I brought it home to show Jaicee what HALF looked like.  She hefted the tray and remarked that it felt like more than three and a half pounds.

Oh, if that were true, it would confirm my suspicion that they were trying to dupe me at that dang restaurant.  When I first saw the brute last night, I thought, "There is no way that all of that food weighs only seven pounds."  Just before throwing in the towel, my ego's self defenses tried to console my failure with the rationalization that this had to be more than seven pounds.  I know I can do better than a mere three and a half pounds.

I was RIGHT!!!

I took that half of a burrito to the grocery store this evening, and set it gently on one of the produce scales.

FOUR-AND-A-HALF POUNDS!!

DANG YOU JACK!!! YOU GAVE ME A NINE POUND BURRITO!!!

Do the math.  That's 28% bigger!  I knew it.

Now, If I had only had 2.5 pounds of burrito remaining instead of 4.5, I might have mustered the must to keep going.

Then again, maybe not.  It really was a pretty nasty burrito.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I read this to Andrew and he and I were cracking up! That is too funny!! Sorry they robbed you of a victory.

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Haha, I just read your story to Kenny, and he and I were giggling so hard we were both crying! So funny! Kenny thought that burrito looked good! He now wants to go to Denver to visit you, and oh yeah, to eat a seven pound burrito!