Posted by Jordan
Norah does not like being left behind.
I figured this out when she forced her way down from heaven and into our family a mere 14 months after Naivie.
If she sees something fun or interesting going on, especially if her older sister has figured out something new and exciting, well, it doesn't usually take long for Norah to catch right up and join in...
...or cry trying.
And so it is, that this summer, Norah was so heartbroken about not being able to come on bike rides with Daddy and Naivie, that she insisted on learning how to ride a bike too.
And to my great astonishment, she figured it out within a very short time! So, just like we did with Naivie, Daddy took Norah into town and got her her own new bike and helmet. Now we are an official bike gang.
WAY TO GO NORAH JANE!!!
Yesterday evening--even more than when I saw Naivie balance by herself down the sidewalk for the first time--I felt, watching my three-year-old little Norah Jane riding off toward the sunset all on her own, like I was floating backward, while time slid around my limbs and torso and past my body, taking my daughter and my breath away from me and down the road. I almost fell over. (Good thing I was able to catch my daughter--and my breath--in front of the neighbor's house halfway down the block.)
I can't believe my babies are this old already. *sniff*















5 comments:
Love the pics, and gotta say... Jordan, your looking good man! :)
Hey, it looks like you've been working hard Jordan. Pass on any tips you have to us trying not to gain too much weight and then lose it all quickly pregnant people
oh jordan! I love this post and the pictures. you are such a good daddy! what a sweet family you have. I love the action shots of you with your arms ready to catch her if she fell. Great photographer! :)
hope all is well with your family!
that is so cute! Oh my goodness Joe told me you lost weight but oh man that is crazy, you look really good...in a I'm not hitting on you way!
oh my goodness Joe said you lost weight but man oh man that is awesome! You look really good...in a I'm not hitting on you kind of way!!!
Post a Comment