Sunday, September 5, 2010

Winding down...

Posted by Jordan

Summer is winding down.  For all intents and purposes, in my book at least, Labor Day weekend is the end of Summer.  And I feel like this one passed me by.  I worked so much, and I almost didn't get out at all to do anything fun or enjoy the warm weather.  Sadness.  It's hard to feel the closure that I need in order to move on to the next season when I feel like I missed the last one.

But it's okay.  Despite losing the Summer to an ever hastening clock, I can't help getting excited for fall. And yesterday I did get out with the kids to enjoy one last warm summer day.

We took a short drive up to Treasureton to visit with the Idaho Knuts, then we went back down to Mack Park in Smithfield to have a picnic and splash around in the park.  It's a rare moment when Dad steps out from behind the camera to just have some fun... I love my girls...




The cold water made Naivie suddenly have to pee, and so she just let 'er rip right there in the creek. I had to rinse out her pants... Am I a mean daddy?



















The coolest thing happened while we were wading around:  I suddenly see this glimmer of gold down the creek, at the bottom of a little waterfall, and I say to Naivie, "Let's go check it out and see what is so shiny over there!"  When I got close enough to see what it was, I was surprised and excited to find a "golden" opportunity to have some fun with my little Naivie's imagination.  It was a "gold" bead bracelet that somebody had apparently thrown there and left. But to us, it was...

LOST TREASURE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WATERFALL!!!  
Naivie was so excited about finding treasure in the creek that she wore it to church today.


So, the weather has already turned today.  It's supposed to be cold for a while. I'm glad we sent Summer out properly yesterday.  I love the changing seasons, and though I'll have to wait for another year to take advantage of more warm-weather summer swimming, I'm excited as heck for Fall.


2 comments:

Dani said...

I can't believe how quickly those girls are growing! What a fun thing to do - find treasure. :) You're a great dad! I'm excited for fall too. :)

Emily Berkley said...

I love that park! I got my bridals taken there and it just brings back such happy memories. It truly is a "magical" place! Your girls are the greatest and fall is my FAVORTIE time of year and I am stink'n excited for it!