The week didn't start out badly, in fact it started out just great! As usual, every morning when Norah sees Naivie putting on her big girl panties, she always asks to wear some too, and doesn't let me take them off all day! So most of the time, here's what our little fashion diva looks like:
It just makes me so proud! At least we know she won't find panties strange when she starts potty training. I just wanted to share that with all of you :)
Then all of a sudden our lives became the song "Just Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Vassar. I used to smile when I heard that song because I thought it was sweet, now it just stresses me out. Anyway, on top of the many other stresses, our washing machine gave out. First it started making bad clanking metallic noises, like gears stripping... then it got worse... then the smell of belts... then nothing. It just shut itself off and we haven't been able to get the slightest response out of it. And of course, what was I washing at the time? Jeans, heavy towels, and sweaters.
So Jordan went to work wringing them out as best he could, and we took them down to the on-site laundry here and dried them a million times. So here it sits, full of water, until we can figure out what to do with it. In the mean time, quarters have become more valuable than gold - it takes approximately 4,000 quarters to do one load of laundry. I've counted.
Then, Wednesday Naivie got really sick with something. Vomiting and mild diarrhea off and on. Between throwing up, she acts perfectly normal: happy, wrestles with Norah, no fever, eats well - it's just funny. But about once during the night and once during the day she'll throw up and be miserable for a few minutes. Yesterday, she did really well, and I thought she was getting better. But then last night, I woke up hearing some yucky noises, and found that it was not Naivie throwing up, but Norah. Argh!
So I got her and her bed cleaned up (I've been getting really good at this lately) and got Norah back in bed just in time to turn around and find Naivie throwing up in her bed. I have the most inconsiderate children! Don't they know daddy and mommy need to sleep? So I spent a few hours scrubbing and rinsing and taking trips to the laundry room and back. Of all the times for our washing machine to give up the ghost, this is the week I need it the most!
Jordan helped as much as he could, but bless his heart, he doesn't do well with puke. It's okay, I'll deal with the puke... I just can't handle one more person throwing up.
Norah told me that Dora would help her feel better, so I guess that's what we're going to be doing all day.
Naivie slept in until almost 10:00.
I'm just grateful that I have not gotten sick yet. And I WON'T! But honestly, if I could trade them, I would rather be the sick one. At least it would be less messy. I can't get them to understand that they need to run to the bathroom when they feel yucky.
I'm sorry, now you all probably feel sick too.
We're just praying that we'll get this out of our systems before Christmas!
2 comments:
SICK! AND DARN THE WASHING MACHINE! BAH!!!
Oh, those poor girls!! I hope that they get feeling better by Christmas. And I sure hope you don't get sick either.
Hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Post a Comment