That's right: Name our baby.
We're going to try a little contest. We're not sure what kind of participation we'll get, but now that we know from the results of our "gender poll" that at least 30 people actually read this blog (which, by the way, is about 28 more than I expected), we're hoping to mine your collective creativity and see if we can't come up with a suitable name for our third daughter.
Here are the rules:
-You may submit no more than three first names and/or three middle names.
-Submit names by commenting on this post.
-No, we're not trying for an "N" theme, which means all first letters are fair game. (But if it happens to be another N, then so be it!)
-No combinations of Jordan and Jaicee (all you'll get is Jayden, which is already out).
-We want serious, viable names... (we're talking to you LANDON, TAYLOR, and NAOMIE...) We're not naming our daughter Xena Warrior Princess Knutson. I don't think we need say more. : )
Now we're fully expecting that there will be many fewer comments on this post than there were votes on our gender poll, so we thought we'd throw in a little incentive for you to participate: If one of the names you have submitted--first or middle--actually makes it to the birth certificate, you will win...
you will win a...
a big... um...
Okay, well, we haven't quite decided on that part yet. But we're thinking something along the lines of movie tickets and some Cold Stone coupons, or a gift certificate to Chili's, or something like that. Maybe if we see anything exciting on Woot.com, we'll snatch something really cool for a prize. We'll be sure to announce the final prize decision within the next month or two.
Regardless, if we choose one of your names, you will always have the satisfaction of knowing that YOU will be personally mentioned when our child is old enough to ask: "Mom and Dad, where did my name come from?"
Now, of course, we reserve the right to go with a name of our own if none of your submissions strike our fancy. But that wouldn't be nearly as fun, so seriously, give it a try. Obviously we have already ranged from the very contemporary (Naivie) to the traditional (Norah), so it's wide open.
Let's have it.
24 comments:
HIBBS
ahaha you guys are so fun.. ok ok give me a few days let me think about this..
love ya!
How fun! And welcome to the 3 girls club! Just because it does start with an N I think I will submit the name of our youngest, Neve Rose (pronounced Nev-E, but she also goes by Nev). It is Portuguese for snow. :) My other top 2 contenters for girls names are Naomi and Pheobe. I can't wait to see pics of the little cutie! When are you due?
I think your dream about not being able to produce male offspring is hilarious! Maybe you better go with a midevil name! LOL!
I like traditional names- Claire, Lydia, Kathryn, Phoebe. Of course- I'm not going to tell you my favorite name, as that is reserved in case we ever lose our minds and decide to have another baby and it turns out to be a girl...
Hey guys!! Your blog is so cute. Emily keeps talking about it and I just had to check it out.
Here are my votes:
Clarah
Madeline
Izzy
Ok, my three first names are:
1. Nadia
2. Katelynn (this has always been my first choice, but several family members have used it, and it is no longer usable for me)
3. Abigail
And the middle names are
1. Grace
2. May
3. Sue
(I don't know, middle names are hard I think. You kind of have to know what the first name is going to be, so you know if the middle name is going to go with the first name.)
I think you should stick with the 'N' names: Natasha, Noel, Nicole/Nikki. For middle names I like: May, Joy, Jane. Good luck!
I'll keep my most favorite name (other than London because we've already used that one) a secret but I like 'different' names... I like Nayla Kay Knutson a lot! You could do Nevaeh *nah-vay-uh* ('heaven' spelled backwards) although that one is getting used more and more lately... My final four (we can do six all together, right?) are: Brylee, Marla, Nella, and Daylon...
Nellia Hannah
Natalia Marie
Nadia Jordan* this one is my favorite and I know it was gainst the rules but Nadia is spelled with only letters in J(a)c(i)ee and Jor(d)a(n) hope that doesn't disqualify me :). I stuck with the N theme because I like it. Congrat's you guys I know i am really bad at commenting but i love reading your blog (kristi gilbert sorry it says anonymous I dont' know how to subscribe to the blog what can i say I am computer illterate)
If you're sticking with the "N" theme, my suggestions are Natalia or Noelle. If not, then I'm voting for Eliza!
I LOVE the name Felicity and it means great happiness and bliss. Who wouldnt want a child with that definition. I am also a fan of the name Hally and Lilly. And just to throw it out there.... I met a girl once by the name of Abcde. Serious... no joke. That was her given birthname. It was pronounced AB-SI-DEE.
I have always liked this name and it goes with the "n" theme Nevaeh. Pronounced ne-vay-uh. It's heaven spelled backwards.
I think Nevaeh (as other people have suggested) is too close to Naivie. It would really only cause crazy problems in your home. Naivie and Nevaeh.... yeah... too similar.
Anyway.
I like Maleah a lot - and Jimmy would be mad for suggesting his favorite but I will anyway and that's Liliana Rose (heehee- both first and middle name!) Let's see - I'm trying to think what would sound good with Naivie and Norah but not necessarily be another N... hmmm... Well my sister is expecting a girl too and we've been thinking about names a lot. Laurelee and Sylvia - I think I've hit my max on suggestions now though...
Good luck!
This is Emily and Daniel Furse and the names we came up with are:
Addilynne, Maddilynne, and Sadie
Good Luck! This is such a fun idea! People have a ton of good name ideas
I can't think of any middle names. I like some of the other names people came up with. This may make things even harder for you guys because you might find a bunch of names you like. Regardless, the names I came up with to add to your confusion are:
1- Romi
2- Maren
3- Sally
Good luck...and Congratulations!
Ok, So I know you only asked for 3 names and I already submitted mine, but I just had a name I love come to mind and I had to share. I love this name because it belongs to one of my best friends and she is one of the coolest people I know. And I had to share (despite having submitted the 3 previous names) because it goes along with the "N" theme. Ready for it? Drum roll please....
Naz!
Ok, so it's really short for Farinaz. My friend is Persian. I am contemplating naming one of my future children that name (however I may suffer grief from my other friends). It may be too much of the wrong ethnicity for you to use, but I had to throw it out there for you to contemplate (even if for a brief moment) anyway. :)
OLIVIA BERTA KNUTSON!!!!!
Cilegna (silent G, pronounced Saleena, Angelic spelled backwards...)
Lemonjella
Nadroj
Eeciaj
Nostunk
These last three are cool, cuz they sound all Russian and stuff.
Okay, now for reals...not that those other suggestions weren't well thought out.
I really do like Olivia.
I also like Ruth Ann, or just Ruth, but I think I would call her RuthAnn, like one word.
And Belle is cute.
I tried to ask McLain but he can't think of anything serious...all he comes up with are names like Calypso.
Good Luck...we can't wait for the prize!!!!!
First Names: Nadine, Aubrey, Shaunay
Middle Names: Ruth, Hannah, Rebekah
In case of technical difficulty, these names were posted by that infamous golfer with the sandwich in his mouth, Bknutputter.
Enjoy!
Well, I'll throw out my top three choices... :)
First Names:
Claire
Jean
Marian
Middle Name:
Elizabeth
Jeanette
Anne
From Mindi:
Hey Jaicee! I think this is such a fun idea! Maybe I'll do this next time I have a kid. People have posted some really cute names (and some people took the ones I was going to say, oh well). My names are:
First names:
1. Evelyn
2. Audrey (I know you have a cousin named this, but hey, it's a cute name)
3. Eliza
Middle Names
1. Mei--prounced May. It's Chinese for beautiful, but it sounds English. And what little girl doesn't want her name to mean she's beautiful?
2. Jo (It's such a fun middle name. I would always tell people my name was Mindi Jo--I even got it on my Logan library card! ha!)
3. Do you have a middle name? and if so, have you passed it on to one of your daughters? If not, your middle name is my suggestion. If you have already, then my third choice is Marjorie after your mom. (or pick your grandma's name if you like that better, whatever it is--it's just fun to have meaning to it)
Well after much diliberation we have come up with:
Nicole
Naia (meaning "flowing")
Nadine
-I am a sucker for tradtions and think you should stick to "n" names.
Middle Names
Alberta (from Grandma who is absolutly amazing)
Eliza
Clair
Good Luck Guys and Have tons of Fun!!
Okey-dokey, Jordan. You want viable names? I'll give you viable names: Sally, Daphne, Mollee, Mandy,Lucy, Bonnie, & Harper. What now!!??
oh! and Jordin says he likes Tayna (tie-na) and Vitoria in Portuguese is cool too.
Love,
Naomie
um, so these are some names that i would find attractive. um, they are names you probably think are weird but here they are!
1: Mishae
2: Shacie
3: Kateland
Post a Comment