Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Least Celebrated National Holiday

Posted by Jordan

About two weeks ago, my brother called to remind me that Saturday the 24th was a national holiday. I racked my brain, but had no idea what he was talking about. I was matter-of-factly informed that it is Neil Diamond's birthday.

Oh, THAT national holiday!

I was also told that we would be celebrating with a small party in his honor. And party we did. McLain and Sheri even made a guitar-shaped birthday cake:

We watched the Jazz Singer while eating barbecued, bacon-wrapped shrimp. Yeah, we know Neil Diamond is Jewish, and our grilled delicacy is far from kosher, but we like bacon. And shrimp. And barbecue.

So, for the sake of having an excuse to hang out with my brother and eat cake and barbecued meats...

Happy Birthday Neil.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I LOVE Neil Diamond!!! Long live Neil!