Posted by JordanYesterday, Naivie turned two years old!

McLain and Sheri brought Ben over for a little party, and our good friends Jake and Kate Neeley brought their little boy Clayton. We played with balloons, chased bubbles around the living room, had cake and ice cream, and opened presents. It was a total toddler riot.

I have to brag on Jaicee for a moment: This was her FIRST birthday cake. (Grandmas made cakes last year). Both of our moms always made fun theme cakes when we were growing up. Jaicee wanted to continue the tradition, and make a Nemo cake for Naivie. (Naivie LOVES Finding Nemo).
With the standard our mothers had set, Jaicee was pretty nervous about it turning out right. Even when it was done, she wasn't fully satisfied that it looked professional, but myself and the rest of us at the party were extremely impressed! It looks exactly like Nemo--And she didn't even have a pattern to work from! GOOD JOB JAICEE!!! It was an awesome birthday cake!
I'm so proud.






BUBBLES!





Naive was certainly queen for the day. She got a booster seat from Grandma Ross (so now she can sit at the table), a doll from Krista, some new pajamas and a big fuzzy pillow from us, a cool spinning globe toy thingy from the Berkleys, some flowers from Clayton, and she still has one more waiting in Moab from Grandma Knutson...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAIVIE!!!
7 comments:
I am SOOOO impressed with your cake!!!! I might hire you out for my kids birthdays....just tell them I made it though!! :)
Knutson, you look like a Super Saiyan with those cones on your head . . .
Did the cake taste like fish? (Great job Jaicee) Jordan did you borrow your birthday hat from Aretha Franklin? Mclain looks like a horned lizard in his hat. McLain, can you lick your eyeball?
Happy Birthday Naivie! Awesome cake Jaicee! And I couldn't stop laughing at the wonderful collection of party hats, Jordan! :)
Happy Birthday Naivie! What a darling cake! I'm impressed.
That cake is awesome. Since I am baking challenged, it is safe to say Josh won't ever get a cake like that from me!
How fun!! Great job on the cake. I have yet to make a cake for my little critter. You did an amazing job! Happy Birthday Naivie!
Post a Comment