Thursday, January 1, 2009

Long haul out of winter

Our "Ode to January"

Scroll down to the bottom of this page to our music playlist. Click "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" which we included as the last song on the list, and sing along...as loud as you can...

...but sing these words instead (written by Jordan and Jaicee):

It’s The Most Miserable Time Of the Year

It’s The Most Miserable Time Of the Year
Once the Holidays end
I can’t smile and pretend that I’m glad winter’s here...
It’s The Most Miserable Time Of the Year
It’s the yuck-yuckiest season of all!
Feeling barely alive ‘cause it’s dark after five,
Slip on ice and I fall...
It’s the yuck-yuckiest season of all!

There’ll be frost on your windshield
And people will get killed
From driving too fast in the snow
All the skies will be overcast
"Defrost" on full-blast
And shoulders hunched up from the cold...

It’s The Most Miserable Time Of the Year
There’s no more mistletoeing
Just lot’s of snow-blowing
And frost-bitten ears...
It’s The Most Miserable Time Of the Year

There’ll be numb toes and fingers
The snow drift that lingers
Just outside my door on the lawn
Resolutions were spoken
In two weeks were broken
‘Cause my motivation is gone!

It’s The Most Miserable Time Of the Year
I can’t wait for the spring
When it get’s here I’ll sing,
Rip my clothes off and cheer!
It’s The Most Miserable Time--
It’s The Most Miserable Time--
Oh The Most Miserable Time Of the Year!

(Copyright 2009 Jordan and Jaicee)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You guys are hilarous! LOVE the song!

Steve Weller said...

How did you know exactly what I was feeling? Strange. I think the hardest part is that we've got our one car between us, and we're both too stubborn and tight-wadded to buy another, so I get to walk half a mile to go to work. It gets kind of nippy in the wee hours!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Very clever! Dad thinks you should send it in to Reader's Digest--maybe get some money for it! Amen to all of it. I still haven't taken down my Christmas decorations yet because it's the only thing that makes the cold winter bearable.